Oh Give Thanks Pet Bandana

Oh Give Thanks Pet Bandana
Oh Give Thanks Pet Bandana

Monday, September 30, 2024

Awesome Benefits of Traveling

Have you thought about the many benefits of traveling? There may be those that travel all the time and then others that barely travel.


Did You Know?






1. Mental Benefits

Did you know that there are mental benefits of traveling? Just taking the time to go somewhere and get away from work can help you feel more productive and focused when you get back because your brain needs time to rest. Webmd.com talks about this. They further add that traveling has been linked to stress reduction and can alleviate symptoms of anxiety and depression. Did you know that there are spa getaways and tour packages in various places available to you?


2. Your Immune System

Traveling not only boosts your Immune System, but it has long-term benefits, leads to more exercise, reduces stress, opens up your mind, builds relationships, builds confidence, promotes joy, improves quality of life, it is in our DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid), and promotes brain growth.

I can definitely identify with more exercise. I recall when we went to Washington DC to see the (Wall) It featured Viet Name Veterans who died or was missing from the Viet Nam War. I had not idea how long this wall was. It was about several blocks long. It was amazing. Even though we took a travel bus to this area there was so much more to see as we walked around. That was a day that I remember getting very much exercise, but then I knew walking was and is  good for me.


3. Improve Communication

How is your communication skills? Because each country is different and has its own language there are many countries where English is not the main language. Redasinsurance.com mentions this. They also emphasized that you can convey messages and understand others without speaking the same language, traveling can humble you, and you can receive unforgettable memories. That make since. Can you think of times that you traveled to a certain destination and remembered the fond memories that came with that travel?

I recall in elementary school traveling with my school to Chicago. I remember seeing fruit and sandwiches in a vendor machine. That was my first time. I also remember one of my classmates was unable to make it to the restroom and soiled his clothing. Unfortunately he had no change of clothing. I felt so sorry for him. I just could not imagine. Travel can bring up so many memories. Some of them may be pleasant while others not so pleasant. Did you know that you can sometimes find great travel deals?


4. Traveling Nurse


In my article What Is a Traveling Nurse?

 

I talk about the fact that traveling nurses are well-paid, they travel all over the states, their housing is paid, and they get to meet new people. A traveling nurse is just one way to travel and to get paid for it as well. I never wanted to be a nurse, but I commend those that are nurses. During the COVID-19 Pandemic nurses were in high demand. There was such a demand that many were graduating early.


5. Traveling Volunteers

Have you heard the expression voluntarism? According to projects-abroad., this is a combination of volunteering and tourism where you use your time and energy to help others while exploring a different country and culture. This is just another aspect of traveling to explore.


6. Why Vacation In Other Countries?

Do you vacation in the same spot year after year? Do you vacation at all? I recall talking to a friend once that said her and her husband had never had a vacation because of their business. He was afraid to leave and not very trusting of other employees to look after his business. I could not imagine. I had never thought that there were those that never took vacations. A psychologist at hbr.org., mentions that travel should routinely be used to get out of your comfort zone, expose yourself to uncertainty, and assure rest for exploration and learning; thus resulting in personal growth of emotional agility, empathy, and creativity. They further added that people who traveled to more countries developed a greater tolerance and trust of strangers and they become more appreciative of people with new knowledge, philosophies, and skills. I had never really thought of it that way. I did, however, realize that when traveling there were various new places and things that I encountered. That was a great feeling to learn new things.


7. What About Shorter Vacations versus longer Vacations?

Which do you prefer? Do you like shorter vacations or longer vacations. I recall going on a cruise for my birthday. My family asked should it be a week or shorter. I preferred the shorter vacation about 3 days. I discovered 3 days was enough for me. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but had I stayed longer than that I would not have. For some reason I believed I would miss home. It is good to travel but it feels even better when you return home for some reason. Did you know that taking shorter breaks throughout the year may be more beneficial for your mental well-being and performance than taking one long vacation? Newsweek.com talks about this. They further suggest that taking multiple shorter trips throughout the year allows for more opportunities to boost your mood.

During my recent travel to Tennessee which was for just a couple of days, I discovered a buffet called Chow Time Buffet and Grill that included Chinese and Soul Food. This was very good. I also observed many people came to this buffet. The service was awesome. The waiters I observed were very friendly and catering to the customers. It was an awesome surprise as I saw old and young coming in to eat. I also took advantage of their take out service which was great as well. I also have found that when I receive great service I will do a review and take pictures of the food to add to Google Map, because as people travel they can check the reviews to see if this is a place they want to stop and eat at. It is so easy to give reviews when you receive bad service, but much better when you receive great service. Everyone loves awesome service. Did you know that there are awesome romantic vacation deals available to you as well?


Source:


How Travel Affects Mental Health

 

Benefits of Traveling

 

Top 10 Benefits of Traveling Often: Let’s Travel More!

 

What is voluntarism?

 

The Mental Benefits of Vacationing Somewhere New

 

How Mini-Vacations Can Boost Your Well-Being

 

 

 











3 comments:

Joanne said...

We love to travel!

Slabs said...

Thank you for popping over and for participating and sharing at SSPS 330. See you again next week at #331

anointedtoday said...

Your most welcome Slab