Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress- Redbubble.com

Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress- Redbubble.com
Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress-Redbubble.com

Friday, November 24, 2017

6 Secrets to be Pain Free

It is a blessing to be pain free. I have several friends that have complained about being in pain most of the time. I could not imagine. There may be a few things that you can do to ease your pain.

Pain Management



I did some research regarding pain. There are a few things that you can do to manage pain. I once had a friend tell me, “Arthur is acting up today.” I did not have a clue as to what she was talking about. She then asked, “You have not heard about Arthur?” I replied, “No.” She explained that she was talking about “arthritis.”

I then had an acquaintance state that she did not want to live to be 80 or 90 years old. I asked her, “Why?” She then went on to tell me of all of her ailments and added things were not getting any better. I then replied, “Yes, but you are here and not dead and gone.” It did cause me to think about how important quality of life really is because  I am a spiritual being.  I renew my spirit daily with the word of God. Your physical body may deteriorate daily, but you do everything that you can to maintain your spiritual body just as you do your physical body. What can you do for the physical pain that you may be experiencing?


1.  Back Pain

According to Web Md, simple exercise such as walking may be the best medicine for back pain. They further add to do this in moderation.


2.  Neck/Shoulder Pain

Did you know that stretches can help ease neck and shoulder pain? Yes Dr. Peter F. Ullrich Jr. talks about how a stiff neck sometimes accompanies back pain. He further adds that by flexing and gently bringing the chin to the chest can aide in easing the pain. I wish that I knew about this earlier in my life. I recall myself and coworkers in the office often complaining of shoulder and neck pain while on the telephone at the computer. I would go home and have my children line up and give me shoulder and neck massages to ease the muscle tension and pain. Now massages are nice that is something to not be ruled out. Plus there is so much power in that physical touch.


3.  Shoulder Rotation

I personally have found that when I sometimes have been setting at the computer just a little too long, rotating my shoulders forward, upwards, and backwards does wonders for shoulder pain.

Have you observed in the hospital or doctor's office that the nurse will sometimes ask you, “On a scale of 1-10 how do you rate your pain?"    I am glad that they do that, because everyone's tolerance of pain is different.


4.  Deep Breathing

I have found that deep breathing is an excellent way to release muscle tension. Sometimes you may become anxious without even being aware of it. Just take about 10 deep breathes and slowly blow out. It has a calming effect on your entire system. So it is good for the mind also. I have learned also that this is so important for mothers during delivery of their babies. I recall how deep breathing was so helpful for me in delivering my babies.

5.  Sore Throat

Have you ever had a sore throat? I used to get them all of the time. I recall my neck hurting and being so stiff it was almost unbearable. It did require medical attention, so do not hesitate if you have the stiff neck with a sore throat. You could have strep throat. Do not try and self-diagnose, but rather go to the doctor and be sure to gt it checked out. If medication is needed, be sure to take all of it.

6.  Heat

Editors for Consumer Guides suggest using heat such as wet towels, hot water bottle, or a hot shower to relax those tense muscles. I have even found that a heating pad just works wonders for those sore muscles. They further suggest practicing good posture. I know this to be true, because many times I find myself slouching at the computer. So I remind myself to use good posture.  What do you do for pain relief?

Photo Caption: Wiki commons Wikimedia.org., Robert Weis,  Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.

Source:

America Asks AboutBack Pain, By Carolyn Sayre

Stretching for BackPain Relief,by Peter F. Ullrich,Jr.,MD Orthopedic Surgeon (retired)


15 Home Remedies forNeck Pain, by Editors of Consumer Guide
 Will you share this article with a friend?

Guest Blogging:
Yes I am accepting guest bloggers. Would you like to guest blog at anointedtoday.blogspot.com?
Just contact me and let me know. Guest Blogging is another avenue for great exposure to your blog.


Follow Me on
Pinterest



Learn More From this Author. . . . Just Click the Link Below







8 comments:

Create With Joy said...

Thank you Betty for sharing these helpful tips at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy. I wish you a very blessed weekend and hope you will stop by and visit us again real soon! :-)

anointedtoday said...

It is a pleasure Create With Joy.

Unknown said...

Hi Betty,
I too have many family members and friends who complain of having constant pain--from arthritis to back pain--I am so delighted that you shared your healthy, valuable insights regarding how to be pain free with us at the with us at the Healthy Happy Green Natural Party! I’m Pinning and sharing this!

anointedtoday said...

Your most welcome Deborah.

Joanne said...

Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Learn. Back problems run in my family so I am definitely pinning this just in case..

anointedtoday said...

Your welcome Mother of 3.

A GAL NEEDS... said...

I love how you tell a personal experience with some of your pain relief suggestions! We love stories! I am a total believer that you should take care of both your spiritual and physical beings. Both entities feed into the other. For my pain management, I am a big fan of 'Essentrics', which is a stretching and strengthening program, using your own body weight. It really has done wonders for me, I am practically pain-free! And that feels good!

anointedtoday said...

I am glad you are pain free A Gal Needs.