Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress- Redbubble.com

Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress- Redbubble.com
Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress-Redbubble.com

Friday, December 1, 2017

Do you Know the 3 Pros and Cons of a GPS?

The GPS (Global Positioning System) is something that is all to common now. You don't want to be without using it.


GPS Navigation 


Who would have ever thought that we would have maps to use in real-time. If George Washington could see this, what would he say?

* * * Below is listed just a few pros and cons of a GPS:


PROS:

1. Traveling

One great thing about using this system in real time is the fact that you can be alerted if traffic is heavier due to an accident or construction ahead of you.

The system will even go as far as to re-route you. Now many years ago before CB'ers (Citizen Bands) were alerting you from their trucks, you would have no way of knowing about traffic heaviness until you were actually in it. Also, if you happen to miss your exit it will automatically reroute you.




2. Your Car

A GPS on your car is a plus for those of you that have it. Then you can give your phone a rest.

Note: In the past there have been times, I thought I knew where I was going and sometimes ended up somewhere else. A GPS could have resolved all of that.

3. Time

The GPS system calculates the estimated time that you should arrive at your destination. You can even preview the route from start to stop, you can find the nearest restaurants, gas stations, and rest stops as well.

Note:

Did you know that DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) is working on an Atomic GPS that would not require a satellite, cellphones would not need signals from space any longer, self-driving cars, and there would be drone deliveries for some fast foods?  How awesome.





CONS:

1. Not Exact

The system may take you to the back of a place instead of the front, because of traffic and positioning. I recall getting to my destination. The system says you have arrived. I discovered I was at the back of the apartment building, even though visibly it did not appear so.


2. Internet Out

I have had the GPS to go out intermittently because the internet dropped. This especially can be a problem up in the mountains.

3. Back Roads

Sometimes the system will take you through a lot of back routes and side steeps as oppose to a straight route without all the turns and stops.

Note:

Did you know that you can receive real-time weather alerts from the GPS system?


* * * * It is good to use a GPS going and coming if you are not familiar with an area, because on your return route it could be slightly different because of one ways or even construction that may have started recently.

Also, according to Cnet.com., some of the best GPS systems are Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Magellan SmartGPS, or Garmin nuvi Essentials. Now you may want to use one of these or just do like me; Use your smartphone for FREE.

Do you use a GPS   when traveling long distances or to places that you are not familiar with?


Photo Caption:

Public Domains Pic.Net

Will you share this article with a friend?

Guest Blogging:

Yes I am accepting guest bloggers. Would you like to guest blog at anointedtoday.blogspot.com?
Just contact me in comments below this post or email at anointedtoday@comcast.net and let me know. Guest Blogging is another avenue for great exposure to your blog.


Follow Me on
Pinterest



Learn More From this Author. . . . Just Click the Link Below






4 comments:

Rhonda Gales said...

Thanks for this great post. I am blessed to a GPS in my car; however, it is not always accurate. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best Linkup.

anointedtoday said...

Your welcome Rhonda.

Dr. Elise Ho said...

I love GPS but I most prefer the app based services to the car GPS as I find it to be much more accurate.

anointedtoday said...

Yeah Dr. Elise. I wish I had a gps when I first started driving.