Avon

Avon
Avon

Friday, August 7, 2026

Eat to Live: Nourish Your Body, fuel Your Life

Do you eat healthy?   Do you eat with intention?  Are you making healthy choices?  What constitutes healthy eating?



Did you know that Methuselah was the oldest person in the Bible?   He lived to be 969 years old.  Genesis 5:27. Today the oldest recorded living person is Jeanne Louise Calment.   She lived to the age of 122 years.  Do you notice the big difference between age 969 and 122?   People now are not living as long as Methuselah.



***Purpose***

1.    Perfection

Eating is not about perfection because there is no perfect one.  Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.  You can, however, make healthy choices to help your body thrive.  You do have that decision making authority.   So, what choices have you made so far?



 2.     Healthy Choices

Although you may not always do this, you can try to make healthy choices.  Healthy foods that you may choose daily to eat are as follows:

Oatmeal, Walnuts, Greek yogurt, eggs, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, chard, whole-grain pasta, kidney beans, salmon, chicken breast, blueberries, turmeric, lemons, watermelons, tomatoes, and bell peppers.   These are just a few that are talked about at realsimple.com.  My favorites of these is watermelon, yogurt, chicken breast, turmeric, lemons, and sweet potatoes.  I will ofttimes have sweet potatoes for breakfast.  I love mini-sweet peppers as opposed to bell peppers.  I have found them to season food quite well.  

3.      Healthy Eating

What constitutes healthy eating?    Your healthy eating pattern may not be perfect, but you may want to strive for better eating.   This better eating might include a variety of many vegetables, whole grains, healthy proteins, and fruits.  This is talked about at nutritionsource.hsph.harvard.edu.   They further added that staying active with some types of exercise such as aerobic/cardiovascular, muscle-strengthening activity, flexibility training, and balance training.   As I have mentioned before walking is something that I really love. 

4.      Meal Prep Recipes

Have you ever heard of meal prep recipes.  Bob Evans used to serve a 3-meat Protein Bowl for breakfast.  I believe they have taken it off their menu, but I really loved that dish.  Meal Prep bowels might look like the following:

BBQ protein bowls, peanut butter protein balls, sweet potato salad, blackened shrimp bowls, eggs muffins, chicken stir-fry, sheet-pan sausage and vegetables, taco salad, and Vegetarian chili. These are just a few that are talked about at delish.com.  The sheet-pan sausage and vegetables are something that I think I may want to try. These all sound very good.

 5.     Daily Healthy Eating

Do you find it difficult to eat healthy on a daily basis with all the hustle and bustle of life?   A few tips for you might be as follows:

Eat three healthy meals a day, make the bulk of your food’s fruits, vegetables, whole-grain, read labels, control portion sizes, avoid sodas and sugar, and avoid eating raw or undercooked meats. This is mentioned at medicinenet.com.

I recall recently talking with several ladies.  To my amazement they told me they did not drink water and did not like it.   I was shocked.  I attempted to explain to them that their bodies were made up of 60% water.  They looked at me in a weird sort of way.  Both ladies had several medical complaints.   I suggested maybe trying to drink water.   I do not like water either, but I have learned the importance of water especially in comparison to sodas.  One lady complained about having to go to the bathroom all the time.  I explained there is a reason you are going to the bathroom that much.   The water is taking toxins out of your body.   Whereas sodas act like  a diuretic and takes water from your body.  If you are not careful this can lead to dehydration.  I believe they may have to learn the hard way, but I did try to tell them. I guess they were not ready to receive it. 

6.       Mindful Eating

What is mindful eating?   Have you ever tried this?   Mindful eating involves practicing noticing things like your hunger and fullness cues, the flavors of your food and the eating environment.  Eatingwell.com further adds that rather than multitasking by eating while you are driving, working, watching television or scrolling on your phone try a greater level of presence with your food. I can certainly say that I have been guilty of eating while driving and while watching television. 

7.      Healthy Eating Habits

Just as you have bad eating habits why not replace them with healthy eating habits?  Make healthy eating a habit.  Healthy eating habits might include:

Limiting drinks with added sugars, adding fermented food to your diet, eating 2 to 3 servings of low-mercury non-fried fish every week, drinking a glass of milk daily, adding fruit as a mid-day snack, avoid eating in front of the television, planning your meals, eating a variety of food as opposed to the same foods, prepping your vegetables, eating beans for protein, eating breakfast, eating your favorite foods, and eating breakfast.   This is talked about at eatingwell.com.  I like eating your favorite food as opposed to just giving it up.  I also remember I used to skip breakfast until my pregnancy with my daughter.   I had to start eating breakfast and even after I had her if I skipped breakfast I noticed the difference.   So, I learned that breakfast makes a big difference.   I also learned I did not have to eat the traditional breakfast of bacon and eggs.

8.      Pharmaceutical Company

Did you know that food is your Pharmacy?  There is food for nearly every ailment.  Yes, it is easy to pop a pill.   Yes, it is easy to have your doctor write a prescription to the pharmacy.  Take a good look at what the correct foods can do to nourish your body.  Observe how you feel after eating certain foods.  Pay attention to your body. Your body does not hesitate to talk to you.  Make sure you listen. 

What are you doing to eat to live? I would love to hear from you.   

 

Source:  

Who is the oldest person in the world in 2024? | BBC Science Focus Magazine

The 35 Healthiest Foods to Eat Every Day

Healthy Eating Plate • The Nutrition Source

57 Best Meal Prep Recipes - Easy Meal Prep Ideas

Healthy Living: Diet & Exercise Tips, and Things to Avoid

What Is Mindful Eating? Plus How to Practice It

Top Healthy Eating Habits, According to a Dietitian

 

 

Guest Blogging:

Guest bloggers welcome.  Would you like to guest blog at

               anointedtoday.blogspot.com?

Just contact me at anointedtoday@gmail.com and let me know.

Guest Blogging is another avenue for great exposure to your blog.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

 

  Visit My Store at

 

Anointedtoday/ Redbubble

 

More From this Author.  . .      Just Click on the Link Below. . .

My Frist Job

Why I Love Blogging

New Technology Hacks and Tips

  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: