Get Wisdom With Knowledge- Redbubble.com

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Do You Know what Laughter Can Do?

Have you had a good laugh today? The power of laughter can be healing and soothing to you. If you have not been laughing, you have no idea what you have been missing. 



Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. If you have ever observed how you feel after having a hearty laugh, you will notice that there is a very good feeling inside. Have you ever been feeling bad, then after a good laugh, you actually forgot about how bad that you were feeling? That is the power of laughter; it helps you to feel good.













Actors

I really like when Steve Harvey reiterated that one of his teachers told him he would never get paid for making people laugh. Now that is a negative comment, but look at him now. Steve Harvey get's paid and has a beautiful family as well. You never know the potential in your children, that is why it is so important to encourage them especially in the things they are so naturally talented with.

In the article http://anointedtoday.blogspot.com/2015/01/has-circus-changed.html, there is mention of the Universal Soul Circus that comes to Atlanta. This circus is so special, because the comedy that you see in it, will just keep you laughing.



I have observed that some actors are just naturally funny. Also, I have observed in some action pictures, some of the scenes even though serious may be funny, thus causing you to laugh. For example the movie “Daddy Day Care,” there are many instances that cause you to laugh. While Arnold Schwarzenegger usually appears serious there are many instances and remarks that he makes that cause you to laugh. I recall reading about Robin Williams. It was stated that he was naturally funny and many times he would ad lib many of the lines. I remember how I loved watching movies with him in it because he was extremely funny and always made me laugh. In the movie “Patch Adam,” you can see how much laughter that this doctor would bring to children that were patient's by just putting on a red nose and acting funny. The children just loved this. You could see the joy on their faces.




Speakers

Not only have actors in the movie industry made me laugh, I have discovered that many speakers will make a joke at the beginning of their talk to put the audience at ease. Joel Osteen mentioned this before one of his sermon and I observed he does have a joke at the beginning of his sermon that will make you laugh. I like that about him.





Children

I have observed sometimes that children are so innocent they will sometimes laugh about anything. They can find humor in so many things. According to Seattle times.com, The Lutheran General Hospital uses a humor cart including bottles of bubbles and jokey doodads to light the spirts of young patients. It is further added by Melodie Merrick, clinical manager of Lutheran Hospital, that “Laughter releases endorphins, and that helps us feel better and heal.” I know that is right.


Family

Never underestimate the power of family. Although my older sister is the First Lady of her church, she knows when to be serious and when to encourage laughter.   Although she has her serious moments, when we are together she just keeps me laughing. She is just hilarious.  Do you have a family member like that? Some people just have that knack to make people laugh. Laughter is good for you. Do You Agree?

Photo Caption: en.wikipedia.org, Maurajbo, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.



Source:

Personal Experience





Learn More From this Author. . . . Click Below



Will you share this article with a friend?

Follow Me on
Pinterest

Photobucket





12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love when laughter comes unexpectedly - so lifting!

Unknown said...

Love listening to my kids laugh, and it can often make me laugh too! Visiting from Waiting on Wednesday.

Melanie Redd said...

I agree with you that laughter helps, heals, soothes and just makes life better.

And, I really love to hear little children laughing! There was a little boy at my church last night who just could not stop giggling. It was contagious; the more he emailed and laughed, the more others did as well.

Maybe we adults need to learn from the children in our lives - to have more fun!

Thanks for a great reminder to embrace laughter~

Came over on #SHINE today.
Blessings to you,
Melanie

anointedtoday said...

Thanks Melanie.

anointedtoday said...

Thanks Abi.

anointedtoday said...

Thanks Miss Steph

Deborah Davis said...

I heartily agree that laughter is healthy and healing! I have tried it myself as a natural therapy and I always feel so much better. Thankyou for sharing the benefits of laughter with us at the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop! I'm pinning and sharing.

anointedtoday said...

Thanks deborah

Sadia said...

We are huge laughers in my house - the complete opposite of my childhood home. I don't ever recalling seeing my mother laugh and swore my children would have a different life. My daughter M is starting to get embarrassed by my silliness, but her twin J still sees it as a matter of pride. Thanks for linking with #TwinklyTuesday.

anointedtoday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anointedtoday said...

Good for you Sadia.

Holly @ Coordinator of Chaos said...

I love how laughter is contagious! It's hard not to laugh when you see someone else get tickled! Thank you for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! I hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com