Get Wisdom With Knowledge- Redbubble.com

Friday, May 30, 2014

How To Talk To Your Child About the Supernatural

I started trying to read at age 3. The only book in our house was the Bible. I do not know if it was because we were so poor or that my father never read other books. I would take the Bible and ask my father the different words in it. As I read the Bible, I found it fascinating.


Jesus is Lord




 










1. Matthew. 8:28.

This scripture tells us of demons entering a herd of swines. Discuss this story with your toddler as an example of supernatural powers. Tell your toddler about the 2 men that were possessed by the evil spirits and the spirits begged Jesus to cast them into the herd of swines. Then the entire heard jumped into the sea and perished. It took supernatural powers to cast the evil spirits out.

2. Matthew 14:13. The feeding of the five thousand.

You know it is not humanly possible to take 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and feed 5,000 people. Science cannot explain this occurrence. There was something other than human power occurring here.



Jesus Feeding 5,000





3. John 11:43. Raising of Lazarus from the dead.

Tell your toddler about Lazarus being dead for 4 days and that Jesus raised him from the dead. You know that is another occurrence that is not humanly possible. Certainly supernatural occurrences took place.

4. How does this apply to this century?

Miracles are happening everyday in this century. Possibly your toddler was a miracle baby. A baby that the doctors said would not live and that the odds were against it. Possibly the doctors had told you there was nothing more that they could do, but your toddler still lives. Share this with your toddler. Possible your doctor had given you only several years to live saying there was nothing more could be done, but you are still here as a living witness. Through the power of prayer which is a power scientists cannot explain, but the supernatural power of it does work. Share this with your toddler.

I started praying at a very young age because so many things seemed beyond my control and I did not understand. I was in a foster home at age 2. I remember praying for my father to come and get me. I do not know how long I stayed there, but it seemed like an eternity. I could talk very well at age 2. When he did come and get me I remember looking at my foster mother telling her, “My daddy’ s taking me home.” “I will not be back here anymore.” All I know is that my prayers were answered. Share prayer with your toddler. Allow your toddler to see you praying. Pray with your toddler. Let your toddler know when things seem impossible the supernatural powers of prayer can work and the word of God is alive!!!!




Young Man Praying

Photo Captions: Fotosearch.com

I welcome your comments and views. What is your opinion on this subject?



Follow Me on Pinterest




Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my sons birthday's was Saturday - and every birthday we talk about how God held Him in His hands the day he was born - it was a miracle! I am so glad you dad came and got you - I bet your heart was about to burst with joy! I'm so glad, too, there are miracles and answered prayers today!!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that God answered your prayers and that you were able to go home with your Father, what a blessing. Thank you for the reminder that God answers prayers. Thanks you also for linking up at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

anointedtoday said...

Thanks Terri.