Get Wisdom With Knowledge- Redbubble.com

Friday, August 19, 2011

How To Embrace The Benefits of Breastfeeding



Mother Breastfeeding Her Baby




1. Classes


Some one might say, “I don’t need any classes.” “I can just naturally feed my baby.” Amazingly, you will be surprised of what you can learn from the classes. I highly recommend the classes. The La Leche League Organization offers classes for breastfeeding. Also, your doctor should be able to recommend clinics that might offer the classes.

2. Antibody Protection & Uterus Reduction

Did you know that you pass on valuable antibodies to your baby when you breastfeed? During the first couple of days a substance called colostrum comes in before the actual milk does. The antibodies produced in the colostrum are valuable because it is usually 4-6 weeks before your baby will get his/her first shots. Breastfeeding also helps the uterus return to normal much quicker than a mother that does not breastfeed.

3. Food and Beverages

Did you know that your baby gets the food you eat in the exact order that you eat it? Yes God has made our bodies so that breastfeeding is a wonderful process. Generally before breastfeeding drink a liquid such as juice or water. This will help to increase the flow of milk. Above all remember to relax and enjoy this precious moment with your child. Chocolate can act as a laxative if you are breastfeeding. I found this out the hard way. I had been taught in class that chocolate could do that. I forgot about that though and decided to have a Hershey candy bar. Within a few minutes my baby’s bowel movement was running out of her diaper into my lap. This was not a pretty sight. Also, try to avoid or at least limit coffee intake, because the caffeine can cause your baby to have the jitters, remember your food and fluid intake is going into the babies milk.


4. Bowels and breast pump


Did you know that the bowels of a breastfed baby are not as pungent and strong smelling as a bottle fed baby with formula? Yes, it is true, God has wonderfully made the body so that the exact amount of just about everything your baby needs is in your milk. If you need to be away for a couple of hours you can use a breast pump to pump your milk and store it in the refrigerator.

Tips:

To increase the amount of milk when nursing, just nurse more often.

The first couple of days when your milk is coming in your breasts may be engorged and slightly uncomfortable, but that is only temporary. Your breasts should return to normal after 2 or 3 days.

Captions: Fotosearch.com

Feel free to comment. What tips do you have for breastfeeding?

4 comments:

Angelgirlpj said...

great information

Gabby said...

Thanks for linking up to our Saturday Pin-It party! You are right about the breastfeeding classes. They were a huge help, but I had no idea just how helpful they would be until I started having problems after my baby was born. Were you able to breastfeed your children? I would love to see a blog post about your personal experiences with that. I'm so passionate about nursing that I find it interesting to hear other people's experiences with it.

anointedtoday said...

Thanks Gabby. Yes I did breastfeed. Also, yes I have plenty of stories to tell about my experience. Thanks for the ideas. That will probably be my next post. Kudos.

anointedtoday said...

Gabby I mentioned above in the food and beverage about one of my experiences breast feeding, you proabably just overlooked it and did not see it.