Get Wisdom With Knowledge- Redbubble.com

Friday, March 3, 2017

Prescription for Love

Do you know of those that are looking for love in all the wrong places? Everyone wants to be loved, but are you ignoring what real love is? Do you know what real love is? What is your definition of love?

Love




If your are looking for love, God's got it. Do you know of those that act like everyone owes them something?

I recall a friend that acknowledged he came from a loving and supportive family, but he chose to go down the path of using drugs. Now when he became drug free he was compelled to show his friends there was a better way of life because so many had followed him down that narrow path. He also shared with me it was not enough to tell people, but to show them by his actions. Also, know that my friend had accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. God is waiting on you. Hebrew 13:5 He will never leave you, nor forsake you. The prescription for love is in the Bible.

1 Corinthian 13 Chapter. This Chapter has often been called the Love Chapter

Verse 4: Love suffers long and is kind, love does not envy; love does not parade itself, love is not puffed up. Do you know people that are kind to others? Do you take the time to show kindness to others.? How many times have you said to yourself, “If I only had more money or if I only had a big house like Mary?” I have been guilty of this and not realizing God has given me everything that I need.  If I cannot make it with a little, how will I handle more?  I recall a conversation I had as I stood in line at the store. I saw an acquaintance that I had not seen in a long time. This person said to me, “ I do not live in that part of town anymore.” Then asked me,”Where are you staying now.” My reply was, “ I stay in that part of town.” I say that to say that sometimes we can get so puffed up, that we forget where we came from. We can forget that there was a time we did not have a car nor even a house.


Verse 5 

Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; I can think of times when I have behaved rudely and I know so well that it is not becoming. Can you count the number of times that you have proclaimed this will be a good day and before you know it you think an evil thought about someone or something?

Verse 6

Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth. Sometimes the truth may be painful to hear.


Verse 7

Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. This prescription for love continues in 1st Corinthians down through chapter 13.

Verse 13

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. Think about it. 1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins. ” Do you have this love?

 Will you share this article with a friend?

Learn More From this Author. . . .  Click the link Below. . . .


<!-- inlinkz code end →



 Will you share this article with a friend?


Follow Me on
Pinterest


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Betty,
I am so delighted that you shared your positive and inspiring references and insights on the meaning of love at the Healthy Happy Green Natural Party! I'm Pinning and sharing this!

anointedtoday said...

Thanks Deborah.

Jules said...

Love is what makes the world go round ad survive on its axle Thanks for sharing with us at the Blogger’s Pit Stop

anointedtoday said...

Your most welcome julie

Joanne said...

Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Learn; Pinned.

anointedtoday said...

Thanks Mother of 3.

Dr. Elise Ho said...

I always believe that actions are much louder than words.

anointedtoday said...

I know that is right Dr.Elise.