Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress- Redbubble.com

Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress- Redbubble.com
Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress-Redbubble.com

Monday, November 14, 2016

3 Tips About Blessings (omg). . . What are you thankful for?

Did you know there are benefits of blessings? Have you ever really thought about why people say, “God Bless You or gesundheit” after someone sneezes? Why not say it after someone coughs or hiccups aloud? I have been curious about that.

Be a Blessing


1. Sneezing

I recall someone sneezing. I did not say anything. That person immediately turned to me and said, "You did not say God Bless me." So I said it to appease them at the time. After I thought about it, I still wondered why people say it particularly after someone sneezes. I wanted to know what the significance was of is this, particularly at the time after a sneeze.



According to en.wikipedia.org., In the hope of fighting off the Bubonic Plague, Pope Gregory 1 in AD 590 ordered unending prayer and parades of chanters through the streets. Sneezing was thought to be early symptoms of the plague; it was thought that saying "God Bless You" would stop the disease.

2. Numbers 6:24

"The Lord bless thee and keep thee," is a scripture that can be used to bless others and bless you. In fact this has been a scripture that my Pastor would have our congregation repeat at the closing of the Sunday Service. It is natural for me to say "the Lord Bless you or bless you" at any given time, but not necessarily after someone sneezes. So do you say, "God bless you" after someone sneezes?

3.  Drugs

Psalms 127:3 Children are blessings and a gift from God, yet there are children that are searching for something to help them feel good about themselves. Drugs is a temporary fix that can now be found early in the elementary schools. Blessing your children can give them that security blanket that they need. It can give them the stability so that they do not need to rely on drugs or a pimp. Blessings can also let your children know they are valued and loved by Jesus. Blessing can also give children the wisdom and knowledge to make wise choices in life. How awesome is that?

I am thankful for the many blessings and promises given to me in the bible and most importantly I am thankful for Jesus. What are you thankful for today?  Will you share with us? What other topics would you like to hear about at Anointedtoday.blogspot.com?

Photo Caption:

Commons.wikimedia.org, MrNguyen68, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.




Will you share this article with a friend?

Follow Me on
Pinterest



Learn More From this Author. . . . . Click the Link Below


<!-- inlinkz code end →




No comments: