Get Wisdom With Knowledge- Redbubble.com

Friday, September 2, 2016

Going Green. . . .What are you Waiting For?

Possibly you have been thinking about going green, but you have not taken that step. Maybe you believe gong green will be to big of a sacrifice. Did you know that there are simple ways that you can make a difference while going green. Just start with baby steps. Remember it does not need to occur like a marathon.

Green Living


There are numerous reasons to go green. They are as follows:

1. Knowing Better

There was a time that we did not know what we know now about the environment. As we acquire more knowledge to help the environment, we should put that knowledge to use and do better.

2. Health

Did you know that there is an increase of children's diseases as results of harmful chemicals and also an increase in food allergies and chemical sensitivities? This is according to Sally Painter  

3. Education

It is important to educate yourself about going green and to find out what you can do to contribute to this worthy cause. Some of the small things that you can do to go green are as follows:

A. Taking notes

It is good that you have a paper calendar book and/or notepads, but have you considered taking notes on your tablet or iphone? Most iphones have calendars. In fact, I use my calendar on my iphone for important appointments, because I use my cellphone daily. I even have my “to do list” on my phone. When I am at the doctor or dentist office, I make my next appointment right then on the cellphone. How convenient is that? This eliminates the paperwork.

sustainable living


B. Parking

If you are not handicapped or disabled have you considered parking toward the end of the parking lot and then walking to the store? That extra walk is healthy for you. So often I see people trying to find a parking space as close to the building as possible. I admit that I used to be guilty of that. I have even discovered by parking toward the end of the parking lot, there is less chance of someone scraping your vehicle or the door hitting your vehicle because someone tried to squeeze in a parking space next to you.

C. Library

When was the last time that you visited your Public Library? I am not saying that you should not buy a good book, but there are so many good books available to you at the library. The great thing about the library is that the books will need to be returned, therefore you will have less book and paper clutter in your home.


D. Oral Health

According to PaulA. Chilton D.D.S.  dark green vegetables can benefit your oral health by balancing the acid/alkaline balance (balanced pH level). He further adds it has been shown to reduce health conditions such as advance gum disease. That is reassuring to hear  I know that I love greens, lettuce, and spinach as well.

In My article 5 Tips to Go Green, I mention that several companies such as credit unions and telephone companies are urging customers to go paperless in order to help the environment.  

What simple things are you doing to go green? I would love to hear from you.

Photo caption:

commons wikimedia.org.,Grahm Burnett, This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. Subject to disclaimers.


Source:




Will you share this article with a friend?

Follow Me on
Pinterest

Photobucket








No comments: