Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress- Redbubble.com

Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress- Redbubble.com
Happy Mother's Day A-Line Dress-Redbubble.com

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Puffy Eyes No More

Some people suffer with eye puffiness because of sinus drainage and others may just not get enough sleep. Whatever your reason there are solutions for that problem.

Puffy Under Eyes

1. Black of Green Tea Bags

Did you know that black or green tea bags are a great way to cut that puffiness in your eyes? Just soak the tea bags in hot water and allow them to cool down and apply them over your eyelids and cover with a soft cloth. According to Livestrong.com the tea bags are loaded with antioxidants and plenty of tannis. They shrink swelling and reduce the fluids around the eyes. During the warmer months you can put the cooked tea bags in the refrigerator and just use as needed.  Also, I personally know that Black Tea is excellent to drink for your health and it is 100% natural. I tried it and I just love it.

2. Sleep

According to the Mayo Clinic, your lifestyle can play an important part in reducing puffy eyes. They suggest getting enough sleep at night and sleeping with your head slightly raised, because this prevents fluids from accumulating around your eyes as you sleep. I often have seen some actors and show hosts on television with the bags under their eyes. I wonder are they getting enough sleep. I recall Dr. Oz and Oprah when they started getting bags under their eyes, it was just very noticeable, but when Oprah started Her Own Network, she mentioned the long hours that she worked.

3. Simple Spoon

According to HowStuffworks, placing 4 or 6 teaspoons in the refrigerator to keep cold, when needed take one or two out and place them curve side down on each eye. I believe the coldness of the utensil is the keep. It cannot get much easier than that.



4. Other Alternatives

Allaboutvision talks about some of the cause of puffy eyes which could be such as over consumption of salt, sinus problems, and dehydration. They suggest simple things to do for the puffy eyes such as drinking plenty of fluids, iced compress, and eating potassium-rich foods, such as bananas. Just as your body needs rest, so do your eyes. Keep your body well hydrated.  I discovered that I sometimes forget to drink water. Has this ever happened to you? I now have an app on my cellphone that reminds me to drink water. I really like that. What have you done for your puffy eyes? I would love to hear from you. 

Source:

Photo caption: Wikicommons.wikimedia.org.,DeiterPaas, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.








More from this Author. . . Just Click the link Below



5 comments:

Sarah Jean @ Pretty Simple Ideas said...

I've never tried tea bags on my eyes but will have to!

anointedtoday said...

Let me know Sarah Jean how it works for you. Thanks for stopping by Anointedtoday.blogspot.com

Lisa notes... said...

I know that sometimes I have puffy eyes because of a bad night’s sleep. Thanks for these tips to help get rid of them next time.

Unknown said...

I have always suffered from puffiness so this is very helpful. Thank you for sharing these valuable ways to reduce eye puffiness at the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party!Thank you so much for sharing your gems and for your support! All the best, Deborah

anointedtoday said...

Deborah thanks for stopping by Anointedtoday.blogspot.com