Get Wisdom With Knowledge- Redbubble.com

Sunday, February 28, 2016

You Don't Have a Vision Board? What's Wrong With You?

Have you ever realized how important it is to have a vision of where you are going? Without a vision someone or anyone may lead you where they want you to go.

Vision board ideas


Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

1. What Is a Vision Board?

Believing and visualizing go hand in hand. A vision board is a board that shows where you want to be or go in your life. A unique thing about a vision board is that it will show your dreams.    When your dreams, ideas, and ambitions are on your board, you can then visualize them. You can see them more clearly.

2.  Family

My grandchildren and I sat down one day and made our own individual Vision Boards. I was quite amazed at the ideas and goals that they wanted for themselves. I was so very proud of them and I told them. I bought bulletin boards, crayons markers, scissors, and magazines and we basically made the board from that. I emphasized that they need to look at their vision board daily.

3.  Online Vision Board

There are online vision boards such as secret boards on Pinterest. If you are a visual person and you prefer doing a board online, Pinterest is perfect for that, because you can make a secret board that is seen only by you and not the public. On this board you can pin ideas, dreams, and goals that you have for your life. I preferred the physical bulletin board.

I love this video with Steve Harvey and Oprah Winfrey discussing vision boards. He emphasizes that failure is not the end all.


4. Creative

Get creative with your board. There are no limits you might want to use buttons, safety pins, tape or even more to visualize your dreams. Your vision board should motivate you and be placed where you can visualize it often. In my article Do You Know There is Awesome Power in the Word?I talk about the importance of words. Well being able to visualize and see what it is you are striving for is equally important. Just as you revise your goals you can also revise your vision board. According to Psychology Today a study that was done showed weightlifters patterns activated in the brain when lifting hundreds of pounds were similar to those activated when they only imagined lifting. In other words, they visualized it and both were more effective than either one alone.



5. Bucket List

Maybe it is not enough that you made a bucket list of things that you want to do before you pass away. Maybe you might want to do a vision board to visualize those things that you want to do. Remember this is your board. There are no rules. For more information about various types of vision boards visit the link listed below:



Photo Caption: en.wikipedia.org.,Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. ,Cornelis Boertjens

Source:



Will you share this article with a friend?

Follow Me on
Pinterest

Photobucket








Learn More from this author:




4 comments:

Deborah Davis said...

Hi Betty,
I have always been a dreamer and an achiever, so creating a vision board would have been a great way to express my goals and aspirations. Your post has motivated me to explore an online vision board. Thanks for sharing the joys and benefits of vision boards with us at the Healthy Happy Green & Natural Party. I'm pinning and sharing.

anointedtoday said...

Your welcome. Have fun with your vision board.

Unknown said...

I use pinterest as my vision board but I should actually make one -thank you for sharing with Pin Worthy Wednesday Betty

anointedtoday said...

Your welcome Amber. I really enjoyed making mine and I am glad that I did.